Highly creative and multitalented technologist with extensive experience managing engineering teams and, in the planning, construction, development, testing, and implementation of both web and software design initiatives.
Skilled in the quick adaption of the newest technologies. Exceptional collaborative and leadership skills; able to build remarkable rapport with clients, C-Level, and team members, steering successful project life cycles with passion and finesse.
I love the open/free Internet. I think the Internet is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible for everyone.
Areas of expertise…
|Web Development||Team Development||Software Development|
|API Developments, Web Accessibility, Web Performance & Usability, Front-end Development, Search Engine Optimization||Strategic Leadership, Engineering Management, Relationship Building, Project Management, Project Implementation||Development Best Practices, CI & CD / DevOps, Operations Management, Agile Web Development, SDLC / SOC 2|
|Translation tool, Transvision, Mozilla Developers Network (MDN), Firefox OS Tablet Contribution Program||Comic Web site, www.revista-exegesis.com, Open-source project, tx2z.github.io/memory-cube/, Open-source project to create web-components with typescript, github.com/tx2z/wc-base-typescript|
Scalefast, Madrid/Málaga, Spain
SVP of Software Agency
Feb 2022 - Present
Managing a team of +40 developers and +10 PM. Ensuring that the operations and projects for our clients works smoothly and with a AAA quality in an optimized way.
Creation of the Agency teams, that use the Scalefast platform to serve our clients. Ensuring the best service for our clients in the different phases: pre-projects (with our Solution Architects), projects (with Stores, Front-end and SEO teams) and post-projects operations (with the Events preparation and Day- to-Day teams).
Launched 7 e-commerce stores, re-designed 3 existing stores, and opened 30+ events for world- renowned brands and managing a business of +$150M GMV during 2022.
Vice President Of Engineering
Oct 2020 - Feb 2022 (1 year 5 months)
Leading the Scalefast developers and engineers (+50), collaborating with product team and technological leaders, and improving company policies and standards.
- Lead the changes in the technical team and in the Software Development Life Cycle process to get the SOC2 certification.
- Creation of the DevOps team and implementation DevOps processes in all the company.
- Manage the separation of the technical teams between Product/Platform teams (dedicated to the product roadmap) and Agency teams (dedicated to customizing the platform for our clients).
Head of Software Development
Sep 2018 - Oct 2020 (2 years 2 months)
Supervised technical project and team managers as Head of Software Development, supplying technical advice, implementing best process and practices, and offering guidance for both personal and corporate growth.
- Developed work-flow, tools, and process organization for the utilization of git (GitLab) and production of project code on both local and virtual machines.
- Created project that allowed developers to explore innovative technologies, giving them more time to work on side projects and reducing creative fatigue.
Dec 2015 - Sep 2018 (2 years 10 months)
Performed analysis on client supplied information and requests, organized schedules, regulated delivery times, and managed operation planning for projects focused on store and e-commerce development.
- Successfully completed rebranding and redesign of puori.com.
- Provided maintenance to online store capable of processing 15,000 orders in an hour.
- Implemented Agile Methodologies to improve team efficiency and switch focus to deadlines.
Full-Stack Web Developer
Jul 2013 - Dec 2015 (2 years 6 months)
Utilized Pepita API to develop an easily customizable e-commerce solution to be delivered to clients. Completed back-office, back-end, and front-end development for merchant clients using both Laravel and Pepita API frameworks.
- Fabricated, organized, and designed Merchant Back End Application.
- Planned, designed, and developed API REST endpoints.
- Implemented innovative front-end Open Web technologies.
Nexway, Paris, France | Madrid, Spain
Senior Integration Manager | Jr Project Manager | Designer
Oct 2009 - Jul 2013 (3 years 10 months)
Designed and developed e-commerce websites for Nexway Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian platforms. Communicated with clients, designed banners, fabricated newsletters, developed landing pages and supervised launch of final product. Played a role in the negotiations of new websites and acted and website manager from planning to integration.
- Collaborated directly with Kaspersky to develop IPP with purchase and renew capabilities.
- Oversaw the design and development of an improved Nexway Generic Platform.
- Supervised the launch of several software and video game campaigns.
- Constructed sales platform (login, basket, purchase) for multiple sites including Uptodown.
Additional experience as Independent Designer at Aftershare, and as Web Designer and Integrator at eCliente.
|Platforms||Web, Linux, AWS, VPS, Firefox OS, Android OS|
|Frameworks||Node JS, Angular, Laravel, Smarty, SASS, Stylus, Less, OpenCart, WordPress, Drupal|
|Applications||GIT, SVN, GitHub, Gitlab, NGINX, Jira, Redmine, Slack, Adobe Photoshop|